Before last year’s Kitty Café I had an idea. You see, it tends to get pretty hot in our small meeting room during this event, even if we pump up the A/C beforehand. So it’d be nice to have fans to give to people. And, in the way my mind works, I came up with “cat fan” fans.
The biggest regret that I have about my original design was putting the year on the back side. We had a handful of these fans left afterwards, and we wouldn’t be able to re-use them.
How to make them:
- Print out cat head images on cardstock.
- Cut out the back side and glue it to the stick.
- Cut out the cat face, cover its back side with glue, and staple it onto the stick.
- Press the front and back side together.
- Make any cutting adjustments to the back side.
- Et voilà! It’s a cat fan!
Now you can make your very own! Click on the image below to download a pdf featuring my original designs. I’m pretty sure that there’s artifacts and random splotches around the outside of the cat faces – don’t worry about any of those since they’ll be cut out in the end.
And while putting this post together, I realized that many people post-Tiger King are now bigger big cat fans, and I made a new set of fans just for fun. Again, click on the image below to get three big cats and a backside template.
As always, don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or issues with these. I’ll get back with you ASAP.
Until then, happy cat fanning!